- Developer: People Can Fly
- Publisher: THQ Nordic
- Release date: Apr 12, 2004
- Platforms: PC Digital
- Genres: FPS,Action,Shooter
- Modes: Single player
Painkiller: Black Edition PC Digital
No key shops, no shady deals. Only official distribution!
This is a digital product. It can be activated on Steam.
Painkiller Black Edition includes Painkiller and the expansion pack Battle Out of Hell, featuring 10 additional single-player levels and many new villans.
Gothic Story, Frantic Gameplay. Painkiller is a first-person horror shooter, designed to satisfy a gamer's hunger for intense, fast-paced action. It's an adrenaline addict's nightmare, where hellish monsters swarm in seemingly endless mobs.
Graphically, Painkiller is unmatched. The proprietary PAIN Engine puts out an unbelievably high polygon count, while adding increased texture quality and the latest lighting and shadowing techniques, including soft shadows, DOT3 bump mapping, water reflections, glass simulation, volumetric light and fog, and more. Plug in the Havok 2.0 physics engine, and you get a realistic environment in a totally fantastical setting.
Stranded in a place between Heaven and Hell, your time of judgment is at hand. The Underworld is on the verge of unholy war, and you are but a pawn in the infernal battle. As you fight for your purification, the truths behind the deceptions are revealed.
- Combo weapons: All weapons come in pairs, with a primary and secondary fire.
- Morphing: Your unholy pact gives you the power to morph into a powerful possessed creature with every 66 souls collected.
- Lasting replay value: Painkiller features a standard single player campaign, with additional modes to encourage replay.
- Physics Engine: Painkiller employs the Havok 2.0 physics engine, allowing for inverse kinematics ("rag-doll physics") and deformable, interactive environments.
- Over 30 levels of fierce action, dozens of different enemies in completely unique and varied environments.
- High adrenalin gameplay: non-stop action, hundreds of enemies to be decimated and gigantic bosses.
- 14 incredible weapons, including the famous stake-gun, and the mythical Painkiller.
- OS: Win 98/2000/Me/XP
- Processor: 1GHz
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirextX 9.0 64MB Video Card
- Storage: 3.4 GB available space
Legal notice: © 2016 THQ Nordic GmbH; THQ Nordic GmbH is a wholly owned publishing subsidiary of THQ Nordic AB. The THQ Nordic logo and the THQ Nordic symbol are registered trademarks or trademarks of THQ Nordic AB. All rights reserved.
If you have any problem with the game, contact our Support Team and describe it in detail (order number, date, payment method, etc.). We will contact you promptly. (Read more...)