- Developer: Bethesda Softworks
- Publisher: Bethesda Softworks
- Release date: Oct 28, 2008
- Engine: Gamebryo
- Platforms: PC Digital
- Genres: Role-Playing Games (RPG)
- Modes: Single player
Fallout 3 PC Digital
Vault 101 – Jewel of the Wastes; your starting point in Fallout 3 for PC. For 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world. Giant Insects, Raiders, Slavers, and yes, even Super Mutants are no match for superior Vault-Tec engineering. Yet one fateful morning, you awake to find that your father has defied the Overseer and left the comfort and security afforded by Vault 101 for reasons unknown. Leaving the only home you’ve ever known, you emerge from the Vault into the harsh Wasteland sun of Fallout 3 proper to search for your father - and the truth.
- Limitless Freedom!: Take in the sights and sounds of the vast Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3 for PC. See the great monuments of the United States lying in post-apocalyptic ruin. In Fallout 3 for PC, you make the choices that define you and change the world. Just keep an eye on your Rad Meter!
- Experience S.P.E.C.I.A.L.: Vault-Tec engineers bring you the latest in human ability simulation – the SPECIAL Character System! Utilising new breakthroughs in points-based ability representation, SPECIAL in Fallout 3 for PC affords unlimited customisation of your character. Also included are dozens of unique skills and perks to choose from, each with a dazzling variety of effects!
- Fantastic New Views: The wizards at Vault-Tec have done it again! No longer constrained to just one view, Fallout 3 for PC lets players experience the world from 1st or 3rd person perspective. Choose the way you play Fallout 3 for PC with the touch of a button!
- The Power of Choice: Feeling like a dastardly villain today, or a Good Samaritan? Pick a side or walk the line, as every situation in Fallout 3 for PC can be dealt with in many different ways. Talk out your problems in a civilised fashion, or just flash your Plasma Rifle.
- Blast ‘Em Away With V.A.T.S.!: Even the odds in combat with Fallout 3's Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System for your Pip-Boy Model 3000! V.A.T.S. allows you to pause time in combat, target specific body parts on your target, queue up attacks, and let Vault-Tec take out your aggression for you. Fallout 3 for PC lets players rain death and destruction in an all-new cinematic presentation featuring gory dismemberments and spectacular explosions.
- Mind-Blowing Artificial Intelligence: At Vault-Tec, we realise that the key to reviving civilisation after a global nuclear war is people. Our best minds pooled their efforts to produce an advanced version of Radiant AI, America’s First Choice in Human Interaction Simulation. In Fallout 3 for PC, facial expressions, gestures, unique dialog, and lifelike behavior are brought together with stunning results by the latest in Vault-Tec technology.
- Eye-Popping Prettiness: Witness the harsh realities of nuclear fallout rendered like never before in modern super-deluxe HD graphics in Fallout 3 for PC. From the barren Wasteland, to the danger-filled offices and metro tunnels of DC, to the hideous rotten flesh of a mutant’s face, Fallout 3 for PC is grotesquely good looking!
Operating system: Windows XP/Vista
Processor: 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
Memory: 1 GB (XP)/ 2 GB (Vista)
Hard disk space: 7 GB
Video: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)
Sound: DirectX®: 9.0c
Controller support: Xbox 360 controller
Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows - Live
SUPPORTED VIDEO CARD CHIPSETS:
NVIDIA GeForce 200 series, Geforce 9800 series, Geforce 9600 series, Geforce 8800 series, Geforce 8600 series, Geforce 8500 series, Geforce 8400 series, Geforce 7900 series, Geforce 7800 series, Geforce 7600 series, Geforce 7300 series, GeForce 6800 series
ATI HD 4800 series, HD 4600 series, HD 3800 series, HD 3600 series, HD 3400 series, HD 2900 series, HD 2600 series, HD 2400 series, X1900 series, X1800 series, X1600 series, X1300 series, X850 series
In order to activate this game, you will require a third-party 'Steam' account. For full details on how to activate please follow this link: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5414-TFBN-1352
Legal notice: Fallout® 3© 2008 Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. Bethesda Softworks, Bethesda Game Studios, ZeniMax and related logos are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZeniMax Media Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Fallout, Prepare for the Future and related logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bethesda Softworks LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.<br>